Available Services

Burial Benefits

Assistance to family members in applying for headstones and markers for graves, burial expenses reimbursement, burial flags and Presidential Memorial Certificates. 

Educational Benefits for Veterans & Dependents

Various education and training programs including the Montgomery GI bill and Veterans Education Assistance Program.  Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance, and Federal Employment and On-the-Job Training, may be available to assist veterans in furthering their education.  Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website for more information. 

Enroll in ChampVA Insurance - The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA)

A comprehensive health care program in which the VA shares the cost of covered health care services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries.  

Enroll in VA Healthcare

Visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs  Health Care Administration page.  

File Appeals

If you do not like a VA decision, most can be appealed. Start by contacting our office at 336.318.6909 for an appointment.

Loan Guaranty Home Loan Program  

The Loan Guaranty Home  Loan Program provides assistance in obtaining VA guaranteed loans for a home, lot, manufactured home or condominium. Visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website  FAQ page for answers about who is eligible for a VA loan and reuse of eligibility for another VA loan.  

Obtain DD 214

Visit the National Archives website, the official repository for records of military personnel who have been discharged from the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard.

Survivor Benefits 

Dependents and survivors of Veterans may apply for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation if the surviving member dies on active duty or as a result of service related disabilities.  Visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website Benefits For Dependents and Survivors page.

State of North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs

The State of North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs provides scholarships for children of certain deceased, disabled or POW/MIA veterans. NCDVA also offers employment hunting and fishing licenses, special auto license plates, certified records and other special programs. The Wake County VSO is available to help access these resources and services.

Vocational Rehabilitation

Service-disabled veterans may be eligible for VA-funded special retraining in order to obtain suitable employment (may include the costs of training, monthly living expenses, counseling, and related medical and dental treatments).

  • Additional Services

  • File Disability Compensation.
  • File Non-Service Connected Disability Pension
  • Property Tax Exclusions for 100% Disabled Veterans, View our Tax page for more information.
  • Direct access to Veterans Benefit Management System (VBMS) to assist in processing VA claims.
  • Assistance in obtaining official documents from the Register of Deeds, Vital Records and Clerk of Court in Randolph County.