To report fraud, please call our Fraud Prevention Hotline at 336-683-8198
Public confidence in our agency is important to us. In an effort to maintain the highest standards of accountability in the expenditure of your public funds, the Randolph County Department of Social Services collects overpayments in public assistance programs.
Collections are performed after receiving and properly investigating complaints concerning alleged fraud, abuse or waste in our programs. NC General Statues provide a legal authority and duty to discover, prevent and recover overpayments.
Our agency has established a hotline to receive complaints of fraud. When reporting fraud, you do not need to leave your name or telephone number.
Because of confidentiality rules, our Fraud Investigator will not be able to report back to you regarding any action taken as a result of your call.
Your information should include the following:
- Who committed the fraud? (Include name, Social Security Number (SSN), Date of Birth (DOB), Address, Phone Number)
- What exactly did the person do?
- Where did the fraud take place?
- When did the fraud happen?
- How was the fraud committed?
- Do you know why the person committed the fraud?
- Who else knows about the potential violation? (Name, phone number)