- Departments I through Z
- Public Works
- Convenience Sites
Randolph County Government wishes to protect our environment by providing convenient disposal facilities throughout the county in addition to the existing transfer station at the Great Oak Landfill. Pollution and its effect on the environment is a global concern that impacts the quality of life for each and every one of us in the county.
The County has contracted with Waste Management to operate 6 manned convenience sites that collect solid waste and recyclables from citizens of Randolph County.
Convenience Site Locations & Operating Hours
- Randolph County Solid Waste Facility
- Notice for Electronics Recycling (PDF)
- Randolph County Citizens only - Citizens should be prepared to show ID if asked
- Maximum of ten 60 gallon bags or cans
- Maximum of two bulky items that are too large for a 60 gallon bag
- Limit one trip per day per resident
Note: For household waste that exceeds these limits, citizens may also bring material to the Great Oak Landfill operated by Waste Management. ½ ton minimum (Estimated $18.24 plus tax and environmental cost - Approximately $24.40).
- Mixed paper
- Plastic HDPE (Milk)
- Plastic pet (Soda)
- Aluminum cans
- Cooking oil
- Oil filters
- Antifreeze and Motor Oil - Limit 5 gallons per person per day
- Tires (must be off rim) - Limit 5
- The Solid Waste Facility accepts more than 5 tires with a properly executed NC Scrap Tire Certification - form is available at the Scalehouse